Implications of Suncity arrests on Asia’s VIP market.
Last week, J.P Morgan analysts said they expect Macau’s VIP revenue to contract a further 30-50 percent in the coming weeks following the detention of a high-profile junket executive in Macau.
It was a harsh wakeup call for Macau, which had been considered more immune than its neighbors to China’s ongoing cross-border gambling crackdown.
Responding to these significant events of late, Asia Gaming Brief is organizing a pop-up forum entitled “Is this the end of junkets?” on December 9th, 2021 from 4pm - 5pm HKT.
Speakers confirmed include:
- Carlos D. Simões, Partner, DSL Lawyers
- Alidad Tash, Managing Director, 2NT8
- Ben Lee, Managing Partner, IGamiX Management and Consulting
- Martin Purbrick, Principal, Purbrick & Associates Ltd
- Steve Vickers, Founder, Steve Vickers and Associates
- Kelly Amato, Director - Southeast Asia Industrials, Fitch Ratings